6.03.2011

The Best of Us

I have a terrible voice. But I make up for it with my strong stage presence. Hahaha. I can follow dance steps fairly easily though.

My husband is the world's most lousy dancer. He is always one step ahead... or one step behind. Never with the groove. But he can hold a tune.

So, as a mom, I am wishing that my son sings like his dad and follows mommy's grooves on the dance floor.

But this early, he's leaning more towards daddy's dancing and mommy's singing. Ack!

Lately, he's taken to borrowing the microphone from the friendly sales people manning the Magic Sing areas at malls. That mic fascination started last month during our family outing.



His song? The oldie but goodie, 500 Miles.

If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles,
A hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles,
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles.

Lord I'm one, Lord I'm two, Lord I'm three, Lord I'm four,
Lord I'm 500 miles from my home.
500 miles, 500 miles, 500 miles, 500 miles
Lord I'm five hundred miles from my home.

Not a shirt on my back, not a penny to my name
Lord I can't go a-home this a-way
This a-away, this a-way, this a-way, this a-way,
Lord I can't go a-home this a-way.

If you miss the train I'm on you will know that I am gone
You can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover