8.19.2013

Freezer Paper DIY Tshirt Stencil

There will be many more "I can't believe I haven't posted this yet!" as I really have bene remiss in blogging. Aside from not finding enough time, I seem to be to tired to even open the computer to start writing.


But this raining ( and flody) Monday, inspiration struck and here I am hoping to catch up on almost half a year of delinquent posts. Like this.

I believe we did this last January.


Prior to my Instagram addiction, I was quite hooked on Pinterest. Before Pinterest, I never even knew there was such a thing as freezer paper. I know foil, sure. But freezer paper? Until more and more DIY crafts appeared on Pinterest and it got me really intrigued in trying this out.



Thankfully, I got hold of a roll last December and here's our first project. Our first-ever freezer paper stenciled shirt.


You'll need:
- Paint
-brush
-your chosen design
-freezer paper
-cutter
-plain shirt



I chose a fairly simple one: a whale! Drew by free hand and cut it out quite easily. You should then iron the shiny side on the shirt and make sure it is fairly secure.



The next job is the easiest and most fun. Just start painting.



Before the paint fully dries, peel off the freezer paper. Let the paint dry completely.



And here's our tshirt made with love. You can iron over the print again to make sure it stays put. Ours did not fade or run even after several washings.



This post is really late because the boy has outgrown the shirt several months back. Won't fit him so maybe it's time for another DIY project.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover