1.29.2012

Beautiful Days: A Wedding Tale

I  cry at weddings, get teary-eyed at least. And this is on weddings where I do not even know the couple (not a gate crasher, just a curious onlooker, or they happen to get married at our parish church).

So, I was prepared to cry buckets at my only sister's wedding, one and a half years in the making, and full of small things that make a wedding beautiful.

The wedding was an onslaught to the senses: heartfelt vows, a beautiful wedding gown, lots of pretty flowers, a hauntingly good vocalist, a memorable wedding song (beautiful days by kyla) cute kids (ehem, my son included), a crying groom, big barangays/families from the groom's and bride's side.

Snapshots from the wedding of the year (hehehe)

my godson johan who will be the next ring bearer. naka attire na =)

hugging teddy bears, the flower girls gamely walked down the aisle. cute color combination. these two are 2nd cousins.

father and son as bible and ring bearer




me as little bride (este) matron of honor




dramatic dress and entrance as the mother-of-the-bride looks

mabuhay ang bagong kasal!
the bride crafted this cute cake topper atop their oreo cheesecake
pila sa takilya

gentlemen sweating it out at this really fun (to watch) take on the garter toss

our table with the couple
tired but happy at the end of the night. one last shot at the photobooth

No, I didn't cry (blame it partly on having a very energetic and talkative son in tow who wants my 100% attention, everytime), but it doesn't mean the wedding was any less beautiful. In fact, it was love, love, and more love from the couple to each other, from family and friends that truly made this wedding beautiful.

Repeating in my head now, I see beautiful days with you, I see beautiful ways of loving you....
Happy, happy birthday to the best sister  and tati in the world!


Phot credit: Danica Tongco and RK Yboa











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover