5.19.2009

Remember when you were pregnant?


Lately, I've been seeing a lot of pregnant women. A lot more than usual, I think. I see them at the office elevator, at the mall, at the restaurant, at the bank. They come in all shapes and sizes, too.

It made me think about the days when I was pregnant. My pregnancy was not smooth sailing. There were complications to think of, but inspite of that, I think that was one of the best times of my life! At the onset of my pregnancy, I was determined that I will make the most out of it. Aside from savoring the feel of holding a little miracle inside of me, I vowed I will look my best. If truth be told, I think I was dreading comments like " are you having a boy?", with the implication that you're getting ugly and all.

I skipped the cravings for something unusual like ice cream and fish (weird!) or some seedless fruit that is either difficult to find or exorbitantly priced. I did want mangoes though and can consume 2 kilos in one sitting. I stopped when the OB explained the risks of gestational diabetes.

I skipped the morning sickness altogether, too. Aside from the awkwardness in walking, dressing up and the general heavy feeling that comes with the added weight in the tummy during the last month or so of my pregnancy, think I've never looked better (hahaha). Carrying a baby can indeed make one look even lovelier than a bride on her wedding day.

Looking back, I can say those 9 months evoke such nice, warm, and wonderful feelings of a happily pregnant wife.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover