5.14.2014

Teaching this old dog some new tricks

The dog is me, and yes it's not easy. But don't let age keep you from learning new things. The fountain of youth's magic is to always challenge yourself, and age doesn't have anything to do with that.

So, last year, I finally did some self enrichment. First I had to convince the boys to take me to Greenhills. There I handled a pointed object dipped in ink. I took up calligraphy lessons.

Everything is so light and airy and pretty, including The Inkscribbler herself! I have not written anything with an effort to make it nice in so many years. My handwriting now, at best, is okay and legible so I was understandably nervous.

In a twist of roles, it was the boy who brought the mom to her class. Met my teacher and shook her hand.




It was an interesting few hours. Calligraphy is a beautiful art but I have a long way to go before I get anywhere near beautiful.
If there's one thing I learned, practice weighs a lot here and it's a reminder that I have to unearth my nib again.

shaky hands make for shaky letters


Go and take new lessons! Yes, even if you're not a student on summer vacation.


Learn and explore this summer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover