7.22.2013

My Weekend Came Early

Weekend came early for me last week. We had our little mother-son drama while I was giving him a bath ("My classmates' mommies always pick them up from school. Can you bring me and pick me up from school, please please mommy?" complete with pleading and watery eyes) so Friday was declared a holiday for mommy by the little boy.

As I was reviewing my photos from the past few days, I realized my Friday to Sunday was so full, imagine how happy it would be if we have 3-day weekends?

Anyway, these happy pictures will be my fuel to take me through work this week.

My weekend actually started on Thursday. I know we cannot have that 3-day weekend my heart and my boy so desire, so in my mind, I've declared Thursday night as the start of weekend.


Both mom and dad brought him to school on Fiday. I then brought the dad to where he can conveniently take the bus because the little boy also declared "dad should take the bus because Jared and mom will go to the mall after school".

I wanted to kill time while waiting for school to let out so I took my 2nd breakfast at Mcdo while reading the day's news. I tell you, I really appreciated this quiet time.



On my way back to school to pick up the boy, I passed by the Las Pinas Arts and Crafts Center inside BF Resort, near the Gawad Kalinga Village.  They make various items out of water lilies and does custom-made pieces.




Then, it was time for lunch! 



Even had time to visit the Off Price Show at the Filinvest Tent in the afternoon with my sister.

 Didn't get to buy anything--was too tamad to line up


Then on Saturday morning,  the whole family went to Divisoria. I'm impressed with the new Lucky China Mall, it is so nice there! Had lunch at Shih Lin and went around the shops while smelling stinky-- because we walked around Ilaya and Tabora Streets for a good 2 hours before going back to the mall. Parking was nice, airy and well-lighted and we only paid P50 for 4 hours or so.


We look like we're in HK or Singapore here

The Divi trip only took half a day. Feeling the need to use the soon-to-expire container of semi sweet cocoa powder, I browsed the net for the easiest choco cupcake recipe that didn't require too much butter. No, it wasn't for health reasons-- we were almost out of butter!

My assistant checking the yummy-ness of the batter. have to try that egg-free batter from www.pepper.ph soon so no risk of salmonella!

What the cookies lacked in form (they sadly were flat), they made up for extreme chocolate-y goodness. I printed this recipe out for good measure.



Then on Sunday, we met with my college friends (minus two) for some chika-fest at Global City. We don't venture out to this area too often but my, this trip had me changing my mind. I love the wide, open spaces and the chance for our little boy to make friends. Too bad my phone battery died before we reached High Street.

We were so hungry when we reached Serendra at 12.30. Had to fill our tummies fast. Conti's was the choice resto of the daddy  


And a visit to a bookstore was also in order.




He played everywhere: benches, the grass, the shallow pools, even getting his foot wet drenched.



And fooling around the cam at Wee Nam Ki.  Love their wallpaper!



 I love weekends!!!!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover