3.26.2014

Feeling Nostalgic

I will turn 37 tomorrow, but age doesn't affect me anymore. I've long embraced how wiser, more experienced, calmer and ehem prettier I feel as I get older. Never mind the gray hair, I've had those pesky ones since high school and I blame it more on genetics than age.

I'm teary-eyed because my baby boy is graduating on Friday! I should put my emotions in check because it might be a little funny if I cry on a graduation for kinder students! We have at least 11 more years of schooling to go.

From a small preschool, he'll be moving to a much bigger school so I shouldn't be a selfish mama and focus more on my feelings when this time is also all about big changes for him. New school, new classmates, new schedule, new level, new everything!

Thankfully, he seems to be really excited and is looking forward to being a "big kid" who goes to a "big school". This line from him sums up his torn feelings about being mommy's baby and being a big kid:

"Mom, I'll try to still be a baby, okay? If I can't do it, then I'll be a Grade I. But I will still love you mom."

I love you more little big boy.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover