12.21.2012

End of Days

One of our favorite shows as a family is Ancient Aliens on History Channel. It's so fascinating and entertaining to think about the what Ifs. What is there really are other inhabited planets out there somewhere in the Universe?

It's 10.20 pm as I type and so far, the end of the 4th coming, as they refer to on Ancient Aliens, has not materialized yet.

I'm taking this time to just count my blessings. In the event the world as we know it ends today, I'm thankful for and this is in no particular order.

1. I got the wedding I've wanted and I'm still in love with the man who waited for me at the altar. I have a home life that is happy and peaceful.
2. I have the chance to bring this small boy sleeping beside me in this world, for the 10,000 kisses me gives me a day, for being the center of his universe ( at least for now), for being his best friend (this is what he says), and for being half of the pair who will hopefully guide him to the the best person he can be.
3. For the gift of health. We are trying to make healthier choices since health is not something we should take for granted. I'm grateful that a Tito and a Tita are recovering from illnesses that surprised and scared us all.
4. For the love of family. I'm away from home 15 hours per day, and I could not be more grateful that my son is left in the care of mama and Tati. It's an everyday testament of their love for my son ( everyday is always a test of patience) and for me.
5. For being with kindred souls and friends for life.
6. For being able to buy things that we need, and have some left to enjoy those that we want.
7. For the gift of time. I've been at home for 3 weeks straight, the longest I got to be with my son since my maternity leave. I bring him and pick him up from school, get to see his after school routine, have loads of playtime, talk to him, blow bubbles, make his costume for a party, review him for his exam, chill with him at the mall on a weekday, buy his exchange gift, complete the gifts on my shopping list and generally take it easy.
8. My work, which gives me fulfillment, lets me learn and sometimes forces me (and I mean this in a good way) to learn something new all the time and makes me grow as a person.
9. For my 35 years in this world.

Writing this made me realize I don't want the world to end just yet. ;)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover