1.02.2011

What I thought was a Healthy Dish


I have yet to finish my posts on some of our holiday season activities but I hate not posting, it being the new year and all so here's a short one to tide me over until I get the energy to write longer.

As a respite to all the cream-based, rich and often times cholesterol laden food over Christmas and New Year and all the days in between, I concocted a simple pasta recipe. This looked healthy to us and we wiped it off in one sitting, but just today, I found out shrimps are high in cholesterol, too. Sigh.

Shrimps with garlic and spices in olive oil
1/2 kg shrimps
a few parsley leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of dried basil
1/2 tablespoon of italian seasoning
around 4 tablespoons olive oil

1. heat olive oil
2. saute the shrimp (i only did this before the garlic because my shrimps were frozen)
3. add the basil leaves, parsley and italian seasoning
4. add the garlic
5. stir until cooked, careful on burning the garlic though
6. cook pasta according to package directions
7. place this on top of the pasta or mix the pasta with the sauce

Yummy!

Happy New Year.

p.s. the picture shows the last part of 3 servings of this heavenly topping, not the entire recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover